Thursday, October 28, 2010

Deano Doing Better

10-27
Karsyn is doing so much better. His white count is down from 40,000 to 12,000. The CRP (normally not present in the blood, an indicator of acute infection or inflammation) is down from 24 to 12. He is off his daytime oxygen but will need it at night. He had a little nap this evening and his sats fell so they put the oxygen back on him and he freaked out. He thought that because he needed the oxygen he was getting worse, poor little guy. We explained to him that he is getting better but may just need a little help now and then. He was ok after a while, he just worries so much. I can’t blame him.

He enjoyed his visit from Grampa Barry and Nanny Barb and then Grandma Cheryl this evening. Thank you Mom for watching Park and Logy so Neil could visit Karsyn and I this afternoon. It was so nice to see him. Karsyn cried when he had to go. I miss my Park and baby girl too so much. I can’t wait to get home and love on them!!

Karsyn is very observant. He was talking to me tonight and he said, “Mom I was so freaked out when the nurse was giving me ibuprofen, I thought it was something else and then when you told me it was another name for Motrin it was ok.” Wow, what a memory he has.

He is getting restless and wants out of bed and wants to move around, this is GREAT!! We can’t be happier. His doctor is very happy with his progress and healing. He said he is impressed since it was so severe.

We thank our Lord for healing Karsyn and keeping him safe.

I am praying we don’t have to do another IV. His IV is getting tender when they flush it and he is so worried that they are going to do another IV. If it can just hold out longer!! We just finished up his breathing treatment and chest percussions. Next oral meds, flush his IV line vitals and maybe a cat nap before it all starts over again. No rest in the hospital that’s for sure, lol. O-well if he is better I am happy no matter what!!

Have a great night.

We will pray to take Karsyn home soon. We are so proud of him. He is so gentle and tender but has shown us a very brave and put up a fight side. Oh, how we love our babies! We are so blessed and thank God for them everyday.

withlove,
neilandamy

1 comment:

Granma Wicky said...

Sure is scarey when our Precious little ones are sick!! Hope Love-able Louie makes you smile. Love you!!