Sunday, January 10, 2010

Due Date Today


Logynn Violet
January 5, 2010
7lb 13oz
20.5"
2:57am




She loved getting her hair washed

Proud Daddy

Logynn's Aunt Sharon

Our awesome doctor

My Aunt Sharon (was there through my birth)







Miss Logynn still in the BIG belly..WOW

Well, sorry to keep you all in suspense. Wow, can you say busy? I knew we would be but it didn't really sink in. Of course it is busy in the best way possible!! I am getting to spend time with my boys, all of them, and our new little one. The boys, I figured would really like her but I had no idea how much. They are both so in love with their baby sister. Karsyn just stares at her and says how cute she is and how much he loves her. Parker loves to sing to her and rub her head. Neil is pretty ok with his baby girl too (he is too cute with her). Karsyn named her Pretty Tree (not sure where this came from) and Parker calls her Spitz (d/t her tongue which is always out).

Her due date was today 1/10/10 but she decided to join us early in the morning on the 5th. I have never went into labor naturally so this was a whole new, great, experience. I was induced with both boys (they were there to stay, and on the large side) and I can't really say that either experience was pleasant. The epidural with Karsyn didn't work until time to push and the epidural with Parker all went into my left leg.

Logynn's labor and delivery was picture/textbook perfect, seriously. I went to my appointment on the 4th at 3pm and was dilated to 5cm, so doc helped with stripping some membranes. He joked with the nurse that he could break my water right in the office and she was scrambling for a garbage can. I told him to ease up, I had some errands to run still, lol. He said well, I will be seeing you later tonight to have a baby. Contractions got stronger and every 3 minutes so called my mom to come over and Neil and I checked into the hospital around 7pm. The nurses got my IV going and I opted to get the epidural ordered (knowing how long things can take in the hospital, and the contractions were getting very, very painful). Wow, how cool when an epidural does what it is supposed to. I felt the contractions but they were not totally unbearable. My water broke at about 1:45am (on its own), Sharon woke up Neil (he got about 15 min of sleep), contractions picked up big time then at about 2:30am I felt some serious pressure (knew it was time to push). Sharon went and got the nurse and as she halfway checked me she said DO NOT PUSH, I HAVE SOME PHONE CALLS TO MAKE!!!!! I was at 10cm, fully effaced and crowning. She ran out of the room to call our doctor. He lives a ways from the hospital. The nurse assured me that she had delivered a baby or two... No thanks, I was determined to wait for my doctor!! He made a Superman entrance and I pushed about 3 times and little Miss Logynn Violet made her entrance. No problems, no drop in heartbeat like both boys, and no scares. Everything was just perfect. She checked out well, had the sweetest little cry and of course to us she was PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL!!

No comments: