
The look of anticipation

Confidence is slowly building

Now for the floss

The fluoride treatment and Mr Thirsty

Finally, Mr Thirsty in the mouth

Break time for some playin

Time to check Deano's teeth

Dr Josh and Deano

Warmin up, pickin the color of his balloon

I hope he needs me like this forever

The quick count

Dr Josh making Willis's surprise

Meet my "Scooter"
I know the books and the pediatricians recommend a dental checkup by age 12 months but truly how many kids will allow a complete stranger (unlike their pediatrician that they visit regularly) look in their mouth with some weird looking light shining down on them, weird and scary looking wire pencil thing, or even get near them period. Well, there is no way my little munchkins would ever dreamt of cooperating for a dental checkup or cleaning. So we attempted this dental visit thing and it worked out quite well with Deano and well, the got a count of Willis's teeth and the dentist said that was major and acceptable for his age. Of course this took me sitting in the chair and holding him and some bribery from Dr Josh. The hygienist was wonderful. She just loves kiddos you can tell the way she interacted with them. They were in charge of her and she was absolutely fine with that. Karsyn got his teeth polished, flossed, xrayed, and a fluoride treatment. He was a bit scared of Mr. Thirsty, the spit sucker, and wouldn't really let her put it in his mouth. Wills had no part of the cleaning business and the hygienist said this was completely normal for a 2 & 1/2 year old. Only after Karsyn sat in the chair for Dr Josh to count and examine his teeth and after he made Karsyn a hot dog doggie out of a balloon (which Karsyn thought looked like a scooter so him and Dr Josh named the little guy, "Scooter"), did Willis even think about allowing him to touch his mouth. Dr Josh made Willis a balloon pet as well and played a bit then was allowed entry into Parker's mouth but it was an in and out kind of thing and believe me Dr Josh is a fast counter, thank goodness. They even had a play room full of toys in which Neil took them to play during my appointment. Then we left and Neil had to come back in the afternoon for his. The results: Karsyn has 2 areas of decay that the dentist recommended filling (but said to wait until he was closer to 5 yrs, Willis, well he has the appropriate amount of teeth, me: I have 2 cavities (in my wisdom teeth) and am going to have them yanked (but I must be put under, I am a huge wus and take an unbelievable amount of anesthetic to get numbed, and Neil: no cavities, everything good. So the take home: Limit candy, pop, and get our well water checked for its fluoride content and of course, brush, brush, brush and floss, floss, floss. Well I had better go for now, I am getting in troubleby Karsyn for not watching our latest movie from Net Flix, Mr. Magorium. It is actually quite good.
Gotta go for now,
Amy
1 comment:
I can't believe just how big my PRECIOUS BOYS are getting. They are braver than Granma Wicky. I am so proud of them and love them sooooooooooo MUCH!!
Post a Comment