Monday, January 10, 2011

PLEASE PRAY FOR N.E.D.

1-9-11

We decided to make the journey all on Saturday to Denver. Boy, I am glad we did!!! The weather report was definitely on the money this time. It is absolutely beautiful outside!!! We were able to wake up to a really pretty snow storm this morning, inside our motel room and not on the road!! Neil and I used to drive in some really crazy storms back and forth to Laramie when we were in college and never fazed us one bit (can you stay stupid!!). Now with our 3 kids, we take no unnecessary chances and I am a big wussy!! Anyhow, we made it safe and sound and actually had a really peaceful and fun night last night and a great day today. We ventured out to Bass Pro Shop last night and spent a few hours roaming around their old stomping grounds (we spend a lot of time at this store you see). They had a blast going in EACH and EVERY ice fishing hut that was set up. They would go in and open up the windows and chat back and forth, was super cute. Today we just took it easy and relaxed. We went swimming this morning and it was just perfect, we were the only ones in the pool room. It was kind of strange being in swimsuits and looking out the window to a blizzard. The kids had fun and were able to release their cooped up energy from being in the car so long. We were planning on taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese’s but on the way there was a huge back up on the interstate, I mean huge back up, resulting from construction and a huge wreck, so we opted to exit and save that for another day, besides the roads weren’t the best. We came back to the motel and did some more exploring (as if we haven’t explored every square inch of this place the last 10 times we’ve stayed here. That’s ok it is always an adventure for the kids AND Logynn can rip and tear up and down that halls now and that in itself is super entertaining!! We played a game where Kars, Logy and I went and hid in the motel and Park and Daddy tried to find us (oh wait that is called Hide and Seek or Go Hide and Seek as my kids call it). Pretty fun game when you have 6 floors of hiding spots. Anyhow, every minute with the kids is a joy to us and I love their imaginations!!




Parker is aware that we are going to The Children’s Hospital tomorrow but I don’t think he really understands yet what he is in for. I mean the IV he will have to get for his CT scans. I am not too excited for this but at least it is reassuring that we will have a PEDIATRIC nurse that essentially does this all day everyday. Hopefully all goes well with the IV and he has a big fat vein poking out.



We have been feeling the stress a lot this week. Who am I kidding, the stress level a week before scans is always thick enough to cut with a knife. All the “what ifs” I suppose. I know you cannot live life by the “what ifs” and I think we have done pretty darn good to learn to live life by “what is.” It is what it is and you do what you have to do. I think it is all of the sad news in the cancer world right now and all of the relapse and deaths in children and adults that I have learned about this week. Other cancer mommys and daddys say that it doesn’t get any easier, that we will always be just as worried with each scan. Oh great. We just PRAY and BELIEVE that God will take care of our baby (but sometimes I just want to scream, it is not easy, but as we have learned, life is not easy!!). WE are so thankful that we are where we are and are so thankful for all of the Prayer Warriors that have taken the time to think about and pray for Parker.



Parker you are absolutely amazing!!! Our hero!! You light up our life and have touched the lives of so many friends, family and complete strangers.



Parker be our brave ‘Spidey’ again tomorrow as you have been so far. We know you will keep kicking some mean cancer butt!!!



As Tiff Weber told me yesterday, “Parker will be ok!!! He was Grammy’s (Judy) helper, now she will be his.” This gave me good goosebumps. I am really sorry that we cannot go to her celebration of life but I do feel that she will have one hand on his shoulder helping Parker just as Tiff said. May God bless the family of Judy. Heaven has gained one beautiful Angel.



Thank you all for wearing your prayer bracelets. It means the world to us to know Parker is supported by so many.



Please pray for no pain with the IV.



Please pray for good blood work.



Please pray for a good check up with his oncologist.



Please pray for clean scans and NO CANCER.



PLEASE PRAY FOR NED (NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE)!!

Good night. Everyone drive safely out on those roads.



withlove,

neilandamy

1 comment:

Granma Wicky said...

Let's Kick Cancer's Butte!!!